Happy National Chocolate Day! To be truthful, I didn’t even know there was such a thing! I thought it would be fun to put up a healthier, tasty, chocolaty treat, for this special day! I made these for the first time near Valentine’s Day, and they were terrific!
This recipe is from Elana’s Pantry. http://www.elanaspantry.com/peppermint-patties/
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, agave and peppermint oil, mixing with a spoon
- Smash clumps of coconut oil against side of bowl until mixture is smooth
- Freeze mixture for a few minutes until it starts to harden, then remove from freezer
- Use a 1.5 teaspoon ice cream scoop to measure out little balls onto a parchment paper lined plate
- Place plate in freezer to firm up mint balls; when firm, remove from freezer
- Squish balls down into flat little patties on parchment paper
- Melt chocolate over very low heat; allow to cool slightly
- Dip patties into melted chocolate (use spoon to drop patty into melted chocolate, dip and remove)
- Place patties on parchment paper to harden (takes 10 minutes though on a summer day you may need to refreeze)
Makes about 12 patties
Tip: I used Enjoy Life Dairy-free chocolate chips for this recipe.