Flax is very nutrient dense. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, magnesium and has loads of fiber. It is known to help lower blood pressure and stabilize blood sugar. If you are dieting, adding flax into your diet would be a good choice. The fiber and healthy fat helps keep you satisfied throughout the day. Some say that it can decrease your risk of developing heart disease, cancers and stroke.
Flaxseed has little or no taste, so it is fairly easy to find things you can add it to. Best ways to incorporate flax into your diet:
1. Sprinkle some ground flaxseed on top of yogurt.
2. Add it to vegetables, either while they’re still being sautéed or stir fried, or top after.
3. Top off your salad with some ground flaxseeds.
4. Add some flax to baked goods.
5. Sprinkle some on top of cereal or granola.