Having a vegetarian meal a couple times a week is great! Here are a few of mine and my family’s favorite recipes! I got all these recipes from Vegetarian Times.
Here are 3 of my favorite pizza recipes:
Grilled Salad Pizza-
1. One Chewy pizza dough-(I substituted the dough with a gluten-free crust. You can make any modifications you would like with the dough.) Recipe: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11105?section=
2. 3 tbs. Grated parmesan cheese
3. 1 cup of arugula
4. 1 cup of sliced romaine lettuce
5. 1 head of red endive
6. 1/2 cup of thinly sliced fresh fennel
7. 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion
8. Top off with shaved parmesan cheese
2 tbs. of balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. of honey
1 tsp. of dijon mustard
1 clove of garlic, minced
3 tbs. of olive oil
To Make Vinaigrette:
1. Whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, and garlic. Whisk in oil, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let rest 30 minutes.
To Make Pizza:
1. Prepare Chewy Pizza Dough, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Place pizza on middle rack in oven, and preheat oven to 350°F with pizza in oven. Once oven reaches 350°F, bake 25 minutes, or until bottom is crisp and brown. Remove from oven, and adjust setting to broil.
2. Brush crust with 3 Tbs. Vinaigrette. Toss arugula, lettuce, endive, fennel, and onion with remaining Vinaigrette. Top pizza with arugula mixture, and place under broiler 2 to 3 minutes, or until greens begin to wilt. Serve garnished with Parmesan curls.
Above I copy and pasted the recipe from off Vegetarian Time’s website. Here is the link to the actual recipe: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11112
If you give this recipe a try, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Polenta-Goat Cheese Skillet Pizza-
2 tbs. of olive oil
3/4 cup of instant polenta
1/2 tsp. salt
1 recipe of quick pizza sauce: recipe http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11108?section= (any type of red sauce should do just fine)
3.5-oz log of goat cheese, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, peeled and sliced into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into rings
The recipe: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11111
Rosted Ratatouille Pizza-
1 recipe of chewy pizza dough
1 28-oz can of peeled whole tomatoes
1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 in. slices
2 yellow squash or zucchini (I used 1 of each)
1/2 a head of red onion. thinly sliced
2 tbs. olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbs. of herbes de provence
1/2 cup of marinara sauce, recipe: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11108?section=
1/4 cup of black olives, or capers.